Bay Six Software Forum Index Bay Six Software
Beyond the Basics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Try out the parser
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bay Six Software Forum Index -> ViviFire language
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JosephE

PostPosted: May 15th, 2012, 10:05pm    Post subject: Re: Try out the parser Reply with quote

The new line expected error was exactly what I got, actually. Smile

Although, how is that more than one statement on more than one line?

Or does the parser only look at one line right now? Perhaps some example VF code would give me an idea of where to start with the testing.
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 12:08am    Post subject: Re: Try out the parser Reply with quote

Ok, I created http://www.b6sw.com/docs/ViviFire/test. I'll be uploading a variety of basic test files over the coming days and weeks.
STPendl

PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 7:20pm    Post subject: Re: Try out the parser Reply with quote

I second the sample code snippets, since one is really lost if there is nothing to look at Wink

Any code I post can be freely used, just give credit.
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 18th, 2012, 5:49pm    Post subject: Re: Try out the parser Reply with quote

I just uploaded a new version. This release adds a command line switch to select the verbosity of the output.
Code:
> vf
ViviFire Test Parser by Brent D. Thorn, May 18 2012
Syntax:
   VF [-v[0-2]] file
Switches:
   -v0  Minimal verbosity:  Errors only
   -v1  Verbose tokens and errors
   -v2  Verbose expressions, tokens, and errors (default)

Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 18th, 2012, 9:23pm    Post subject: Re: Try out the parser Reply with quote

I just uploaded a Zip archive containing all of the test files, if you want them in a single download.

http://www.b6sw.com/docs/ViviFire/test/VFTests.zip

Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 25th, 2012, 5:02pm    Post subject: Re: Try out the parser Reply with quote

Seeing as this weekend is a holiday here in the States, the next release is being pushed to the 28th or 29th.

I noticed that no one has been bothered to download the test suite. Is there something syntactically you want to see specifically?

STPendl

PostPosted: May 25th, 2012, 6:20pm    Post subject: Re: Try out the parser Reply with quote

I haven't downloaded the text suite ZIP archive, because I did download the individual files already Wink

Have been busy with other issues, but hope to find some time during this extended weekend.

Any code I post can be freely used, just give credit.
Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 29th, 2012, 5:24pm    Post subject: Re: Try out the parser Reply with quote

A new release is available for download.

I didn't have time to add much new stuff. Mostly, I added all of the suggested block comments so you can try them out. Please vote for your favorite in the poll which ends in about 20 days.

Brent
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun 9th, 2012, 12:50am    Post subject: Re: Try out the parser Reply with quote

There's not much news to report. I just started work on the abstract syntax tree (AST) and hope to have it well integrated by next week.
Larry

PostPosted: May 7th, 2018, 4:10pm    Post subject: Re: Try out the parser Reply with quote

I do not remember the error I got when I tried the hello world program, but I realised after it ran, that I had the old version of the command with the "Hello World "NL" ", and so I changed it to "Hello World $NL". Then it ran and got no errors.

Over all I like what you have so far. I know that the parser is just one step in many, of getting this language ready to code in. Right now, you're just putting the parser through it's paces. I wrote a Rtf word processor once in visual C# using visual studio community. It took a lot of hours pouring over questions and answers from stack overflow in order understand what little I do know about c#. I am just now to the point where I am starting to understand a little about classes. I do like your class properrty example it is easy to understand, unlike how everything in the newer languages has to be a new instance of something. In basic, if I wanted another filestream, I just used the open command and gave it a differenr buffer#. Still I like where ViviFire is headed, and look foreward to the day when I can start to really program an app in it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bay Six Software Forum Index -> ViviFire language All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  
Quick Reply
Username:
   Shortcut keys: Alt+Q to activate, Alt+P to preview, Alt+S to submit
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum